- 4 cups hot water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant tea
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, bring the water and sugar to a boil; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in the tea, lemon juice and extracts. Yield: 4-5 servings.
- 3 quarts water
- 5 individual tea bags
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 to 4 cinnamon sticks (3 to 4 inches)
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 3/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) pineapple juice
- Additional cinnamon sticks, optional
- In a large kettle or Dutch oven, bring water to a simmer; turn off heat. Add tea bags, cover and steep for 3-5 minutes. Remove and discard bags.
- In a bowl, dissolve sugar in boiling water. Add cinnamon sticks and cloves; cover and steep for 15 minutes. Add concentrates and pineapple juice; mix well. Strain and discard spices. Stir into tea; heat through. Serve with cinnamon sticks for stirrers if desired. Yield: 3-1/2 quarts.