Search This Blog

Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Best Hot Sauce

I make at least 3 batches of this a week, we have it on "taco tuesdays", on tofu scramble, as a snack with chips, and any other ways we can imagine.  Its, fresh, healthy, and delicious. Oh and did I mention easy!

  • 2, 12 oz cans of whole tomatoes
  • 4 tsp of lemon or lime juice, use fresh if you have it
  • 2 tsp of a good fruity olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp of fajita seasoning
  • 1 Tsp of dehydrated onion flakes
  • 3 cloves of garlic or 1 tsp garlic salt
  • 1 tsp of sugar
  • a pinch of coarse sea salt or kosher salt
  • fresh cracked pepper to taste
  • 4-6 pickel jalapeno slices (use more if you like really spicy, or use fresh, your choice)
  • fresh cilantro
Put all ingredients in a large food processor, including a few cilantro leaves, pulse until you get the desired texture, we like it smooth and thin, make it chunky if that's what you like.  If I am serving immediately I chop some more of the cilantro to toss on top.  Very fresh and healthy!

* At my house we are divided on the heat of the hot sauce so I divide the ingredients into two separate batches, one with a few more jalapenos for extra heat.  I store in plastic containers, it will keep about a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment