- 1 12 oz can of whole tomatoes and basil or Italian style tomatoes
- 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- Bell peppers, any color
- 1/2 medium eggplant, diced
- 1 cup of shredded carrots
- 1/2 of a small white onion, diced
In a stock pot, start with about 2 Tsp of olive oil, add onion, carrots, bell pepper and eggplant, saute until tender. Coarsely chop the whole tomatoes and basil in a food processor and add to the veggies in the stock pot, let it come up to a simmer and then add the spaghetti sauce. Cook another 10 minutes and serve over your favorite pasta. I use a brown rice pasta.