Search This Blog

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Halloween tip #1

I love Halloween, it has always been my favorite time of the year and my favorite holiday.  Before my husband and I went back to school, we lived in a fairly large home and our Halloween parties were legendary!  Let's share.  Send me some of your favorite recipes (they don't have to be vegetarian or vegan) and decorating tips.
me, Jenny and Mindy


Witch's Cauldron
  • 16 ounces mexican Velveeta cheese
  • 2 cans regular or vegetarian chili with beans
  • 1 cup salsa
  • 1 cup diced black olives
  • 1 round loaf black or pumpernickel bread
  • 3 sliced pickeled jalapenos for garnish
  • Tortilla chips (preferably black or blue)


Melt together the cheese, chili, salsa, and olives until smooth over low heat and keep warm. Remove the center of the bread, leaving a thick shell. Tear up the center bread pieces for dipping. Pour the cheese mixture into the bread and garnish with jalapenos. Add a small ladle to the bread and serve with the bread cubes and tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment