Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The tasting rule.

It is hard to stay healthy during the holiday season, from Halloween candy to all of those Christmas parties we get invited to.  I have managed so far, by following the "tasting rule".   This rule states that I can taste something, but cannot have a whole portion. I have found that denying myself results in binge eating. I become obsessed with what I can't have, so rather than not having it at all, I just have a little taste.  This seems to satisfy my cravings and relieve my compulsion for binging.  This rule mostly pertains to the sweet stuff for me, but it might be a good idea for some people at say the Thanksgiving table to instill the tasting rule.  Have a bite of those creamy buttery mashed potatoes, but have larger portions of the healthier choices on the table and if possible have a salad before the meal.  I promise if we our mindful of what we eat, and have a little taste of the things we know we should not have whole portions of; we can certainly get through the next few months together!

No comments:

Post a Comment